Hello! For December's pattern of the month I wanted to choose something cosy for the winter months ahead, and these mitts are certainly warm! I don't know about you but I find that my fingers are much warmer in mitts than in gloves. Apologies for not sharing this sooner, I realised today that it was still in 'Drafts', oops!
If you prefer the fingerless option that's worked into the pattern too - there's a point where I recommended that you stop.I know that when I'm walking the dog I prefer fingerless for picking up slobbery tennis balls, sandy bits & pieces I find on the beach (and poop!). Maybe I'll write a full glove pattern next year - would that be something you're interested in? Do let me know, I want to design things that you want to crochet! In the meantime, here are the details on these mitts ...
- Pretty shell stitches form the basis of this design; my second mitts pattern.
- They begin at the cuff, worked in rows, then work up to the fingertips in rounds.
- The pattern is available as a pdf download from Ravelry & LoveCrafts.
- Shaping is added to accommodate the thumb and create a beautiful fit.
- Four sizes are included with the pattern; toddler, child, adult M & adult L.
- There's plenty of scope for adjusting the fit of these mitts to suit the size you require. It will be easiest to select the circumference you need & then crochet more or less rounds to suit.
- 100g of sock yarn is sufficient to make even the largest size. I used standard sock yarn from Vicki Brown Designs in the colourway Teal. Vicki kindly provided yarn support for this design.
- It's an intermediate level pattern, written in both UK & US terms.
- There are charts & video tutorials included with the written pattern if you need them.
- This mitts design has been tech edited & tested, giving you peace of mind to enjoy crocheting.
- My patterns now all include a 'take it further' section with inspiration for you to add your own twist to my designs.
To take advantage of this month's offer, simply add the code DEC21 at the checkout on Ravelry for 20% off. The code is only valid against Mavis Mitts. Offer ends midnight (GMT) 31st December 2021 (the end of the year, eeek!) I've added the LoveCrafts link above too for anyone who can't access Ravelry. I can't create discount codes for LoveCrafts so please leave me a comment and I can arrange for you to receive the pattern at the discounted price via email & PayPal.
Until next time,