Thursday 4 September 2014

I'm back! (and sorry I've been away so long)

I seem to have taken a rather a long break over the summer - ooops! The school holidays were full of long sunny days, trips to the beach, picnics and of course lots of crafty days with the boys!

Rather than typing thousands of words about what I have been up to over the last few months I will use photographs to tell my story. If you would like to know more about anything you see please leave a comment and I will get back to you.


 the youngest and I learning how to use double pointed needles


 a giraffe I crocheted for the middle boy and an elephant for a friend's baby


 a new style of brooch which I have designed and started selling in my folksy shop


 the youngest drew this monster and I recreated it in crochet!


 middle boy wanted the same, of course!


 youngest showing off his finished hat in Fluph wool shop, Dundee


 anniversary day out with the hubby! He takes his loom knitting everywhere!!


 a friend commissioned me to make this sweet little mouse


middle boy designed and made a den for his crocodile and a water bowl


 eldest sprayed and painted his Nerf gun


 my latest yarn bomb in Dundee, Blackness Road area


 I finished the african flowers blanket which I had been working on for a long time


 detail of finished blanket


I have taken up quilting using the english paper piecing technique

Well, that's a snapshot of my summer! School has been back for a month now and I will get back into blogging and restocking my folksy shop https://folksy.com/shops/martasecocrafts




4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    What a nice summer! It's true what they say; a picture is worth a thousand words. As I scrolled through your pictures I got a nice sense of a wonderful summer.
    I love your blanket and quilt.
    How are you doing with the double pointed needles? I'm still getting the hang of it. It's awkward at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I'm glad you enjoyed my summer photos. I found double pointed needles a nightmare at first but I persisted and now I love using them!
      Marta xx

      Delete
  2. I love all your projects. But what I really love is that you are such a crafty family together. That is wonderful.
    If you are ever interested in a method that is easier than paper piecing look up Inklingo. Its a method of printing on cloth and cutting out the deign. It has cut lines and stitch lines. You can do the tiniest pieces without paper.
    http://lindafranz.com/
    Not affiliated, just a customer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorri! I love that we can all craft together too. I'm looking forward to rainy days in the winter when we can light the wood burning stove and craft away the afternoon together! Thanks for the Inklingo details - I haven't heard of that, but I'll be sure to look it up!
      Marta xx

      Delete

From Spring Into Autumn: Cosy Crochet Socks Pattern Launch!

Cosy Crochet Socks Pattern Launch! Hello! Get ready to step into comfort and style with my Spring Into Autumn Socks crochet pattern! Origina...