Tuesday 9 February 2016

Geometric Hat Pattern

This week I have finalised the pattern for my Geometric Hat! I did most of the designing on this hat back in September but didn't get as far as transferring my scribbles into neatly typed up format! I won't make that mistake again in a hurry - I ended up having to make another hat to make sense of it all! 

finished hat, with optional pompom

This hat uses spike stitches to create the surface geometric pattern. I had fun playing around with the placing of the spikes and I'm happy with how this one turned out. I have designed the hat in two adult sizes, large and medium.

me and Gwen, wearing matching hats! 

My friend Gwen came around for a cuppa and a catch up on Sunday and we had chat about my latest projects. When she tried on the purple version of this hat it suited her so well I said she could keep it if she modelled it for me! 

Gwen modelling the hat

I really like the above photo - it will be the cover shot for the pattern. The model's beautiful hair, dusky lilac cardigan and the wintry backdrop show off my design perfectly. A big thank you to Gwen for modelling for me!

This pattern is at the testing stage and I hope to publish it at the end of the month.

Edit: The pattern is now available for £3.60 in my Ravelry Store (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/geometric-beanie-hat) and in my Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/462743720/geometric-beanie-hat-crochet-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_4)

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Shawl Pattern For Advent Mini Skeins!

Hello! Are you ready to dig into your yarn stash? Because I'm really pleased to announce the release of my brand new crochet pattern, th...