Thursday 13 February 2020

"Are your crochet patterns suitable for beginners?"




YES! Many of my crochet patterns are suitable for beginners! It's a question which people frequently ask me, so in this blog post I'm going to share with you which of my crochet patterns are suitable for beginners.

how best  to wear your This Way,
That Way scarf 

I designed my This Way, That Way scarft with the beginner in mind - it only requires double crochet (UK terms). There are ridges running along the length of this reversible scarf, created by changing between working into the front loop and back loop of the stitches, but don't worry - the pattern includes a step-by-step tutorial to keep you right! It's a unisex design which can be made in your own combination of colours in chunky yarn. The pattern is available in UK and US terms.

Calunna Hills cowl

Slightly more challenging, but still with a beginner rating, is my Calunna Hills cowl. It requires just a few simple stitches to create this stunning wave effect. Once you have crocheted a few rows the pattern is repeated and it's easy to remember and get into a routine with. It's available in both UK and US terms.

Jute Plant Pot Cosy

My Jute Plant Pot Cosy pattern is super simple and works up fast in Hoooked 100% natural jute. The finished cosy has a raw, chunky quality which heightens the lush greenery of any plant placed in it. This free pattern can easily be adapted to suit whatever size of plant pot you have.

Small Flower

My Small Flower pattern includes a step-by-step photo tutorial and a chart alongside the full written instructions. You will need to know how to make a magic loop but there are plenty of YouTube videos to keep you right on that! This project is perfect for using up small amounts of left over yarn in any thickness and the flowers can be used to decorate all kinds of things! It's also another of my free patterns! 

Easy Wrist Warmers

Another simple beginners project is my Easy Wrist Warmers pattern - a free Ravelry downoad. There are only a few basic stitches required and the pattern works up quickly giving you an achievable finished item that you can show off to friends and family!


The final pattern I would like to share with you is Zig Zag scarf pattern. It is a super simple stitch repeat which works up really fast! there is an easy to follow chart included with the pattern and it's available in both UK and US terms.

Wow! Six beginner level patterns to choose from! And, once you've mastered a few basic crochet stitches, become more confident with your hook & yarn and learnt to follow a pattern you will be ready to move on to intermediate level patterns. I'm now including charts or video tutorials (or both!) with all my crochet patterns (and going back and adding them to older patterns) because I know they can really help people visualise how the pattern works. If you have any questions relating to my patterns please leave a comment below or send me a message on Instagram (@marta.mitchell.designs)

Until next time,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...