Friday 26 January 2024

Be First To See The Progress On My Two Current Projects


Be First To See The Progress On My Two Current Projects

Hello! Since picking up Lachlann (our spaniel puppy) 2 weeks ago, my crochet and knitting time are at an all time low! If you've ever brought up a puppy, you'll know just how time consuming they are! Days are spent playing, feeding, letting him out in the back garden, visiting family & friends (or having them visit us), picking up tiny pieces of chewed up cardboard & paper and then trying to get stuff done in the pockets of time when he sleeps!

But, I am finding some time for yarn! The shawl I'm designing with the advent minis from Skein & The Stitch is coming along beautifully. I'm only 5 minis away from completing it which is exciting. It's a parallelogram shaped shawl with the stripes running along the bias.

If you're new to following me, the theme for the advent calendar was The Hobbit, which was an excellent theme with accompanying read-along! The colours each day were a representation of whatever was happening in that stage of the book. There was even a Discord channel to go along with it, adding to the sense of community which Jess, at Skein & The Stitch has created.

I don't currently have the brain power to write up the pattern (did I mention that my alarm goes off at 2 am for a quick trip outside with Lachlann in either sub zero temperatures/ howling gails or pelting rain?), but when I do it won't take me too long and I'll have it out to testers very quickly.

Sign up to my mailing list to be first to know of the advent shawl release (and receive my biggest discount code). 


I'm restricting myself to 2 WiPs (less chance of wool left dangling around within puppy reach!) and the other WiP is knitting. I'm working on the Mary Rebecca cardigan by Ellen Mason Design and it has just the right level of interest for me right now. The yarn is a vibrant magenta colour which is helping to lift my spirits too. It's a bottom-up design and I've almost reached the split for the sleeves, so progress is happening!

I'll be back next week with more crochet content, until then, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Power of Yarn: How Crochet Can Enhance Your Wellbeing

Hello! I don't know about you, but in our fast-paced world, I often crave moments of peace and activities that will help to keep me calm...