Tuesday 11 February 2014

More pattern writing

I've been pattern writing again! This time for a 4 colour, pinwheel granny square. I'm using this pattern on a blanket I am making for my sister and brother in law. It's a multi coloured blanket, crocheted using odd balls of wool, mixed with some new fresher colours too. I thought it was time I wrote it down because I'm taking a short break from this project while I wait for more yarn to accumulate. I have an Instagram friend in Australia, called Lynda, who is working on a crochet mood blanket, crocheting 1 different square a day for a year. Her blanket is looking beautiful so far with so many different patterns and textures.  I asked if she would test out my pattern and she has kindly agreed. I really hope it works out, it would be lovely to see one of my designs on Lynda's blanket.


 Finished pinwheel granny square


I have also been working on my felt bunnies for Easter time. I'm having fun playing with different colours and patterns, these bunnies are fun to make!


Work in progress


The fabric for the ears and tummies is either vintage fabric which my mum has given me or modern scraps from my own stash. The fabric in this picture is Liberty scraps, leftover from a dress my mum made me when I was 5. I am so glad she hung on to all these little pieces!

I currently have a promotion on in my Folksy shop; as a special Valentine's offer, all orders will receive a FREE felt brooch! Offer ends Friday 14th Feb 2014 at midnight.


Promotional brooches

If you'd like to see any of my items for sale,  www.folksy.com/shops/martasecocrafts  is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...