Thursday 20 February 2014

Half Term Crochet Project

I have been enjoying some personal crochet time recently which I have thoroughly enjoyed. The boys were off school for their half-term long weekend so we were out and about swimming, going to the cinema and spending pocket money! On the Monday morning I managed to catch up with my friend Gwen and her 2 children. Gwen brought her current crochet project with her, the cowl she is busy pattern testing for me. It was good to see the pattern taking shape and watch Gwen working on it. My eldest son sat with us and began a new crochet project (using my lovely 70% wool / 30% alpaca mix wool no less!), I took a sneaky photo of them working away.



Concentrating on crochet

My husband surprised me with a copy of Mollie Makes magazine for Valentine's Day (a very thoughtful gift!) and I loved the pixie hood pattern in it so much that I started straight away, using wool from my stash.



All ready to begin!

This pattern uses front and back post stitches to create a cabled effect which looks fantastic. The first few rows required extreme concentration but then it began to make sense and became much easier to follow. The pattern is available in Mollie Makes, issue 37 or directly from the book, Aran Nordic Fair Isle (ISBN 978-4021905278).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...