Wednesday 24 February 2021

Bee Happy - child's scarf crochet pattern published!

Hello, I'm on a roll with the crochet pattern releases this year with yet another pattern published this week! The latest pattern is my Bee Happy child's scarf - a practical, cosy accessory with a fun twist - there's a honeycomb shaped pocket with room for a little amigurumi bee! 


This scarf is designed for a young child, 3-8 years of age. It's inspired by my 4 year old niece who does not like layering up to go out in the cold and I thought the little bee would make putting on a scarf more fun. The bee can go along for all her adventures!


To make the scarf you will need just 3x 100g balls of Paintbox Yarns wool mix aran (50% wool/ 50% acrylic); 1x pure black, 1x champagne white, 1x daffodil yellow. You will also need 2x 6mm safety eyes and a small amount of toy stuffing. The pattern is rated intermediate; the scarf is worked in linked half trebles and the bee is crocheted in the amigurumi style.


The pattern is available from Lovecrafts here. This listing has direct links to the correct colours of yarn sold on Lovecrafts, so only 1 payment required. It's also available to download from Ravelry here.

I designed the pattern at the end of last year and quickly had it tested ready for release in the new year. However, I was holding off for a photo shoot with my niece to show it off at its best. With the current Covid restrictions I can't see her and her family at the moment so decided to go ahead and publish without model photos. I can always rerelease once we do get together later in the year! I hope you like the current photos, I tried to aim for a playful look.

I'm chuffed that I am keeping up with blogging this year too, next post shouldn't be too long,

Marta xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...