Tuesday 16 February 2021

Recent crochet pattern releases

Hello everyone, I'm excited to announce the release of 2 crochet patterns; my Bandwagon Mitts and my Elsie Beanie. The photo shoots for both patterns were done on the same day and they do go well together.


Last week I published the Bandwagon Mitts design and I'm pleased with the response so far. They are the perfect pair of mitts to wear on a winter's walk - indeed, I wore them to go sledging on several occassions! The pattern begins with a stretchy rib worked as a long strip, next it's joined to make a round and then crocheted up to the fingertips in a continous spiral. A gap is made for the thumb and the thumb is crocheted in at the end. It's rated intermediate level.


You can find the Bandagon Mitts pattern on Ravelry here and on Lovecrafts here. The pattern is available in 6 sizes ranging from child to adult XL and requires between 50g of DK weight yarn for the smallest, to 150g of DK weight yarn for the largest. On Ravelry one of the download options is for a full photo tutorial accompanying the pattern, ideal if you are fairly new to crochet.


Here I am wearing the Bandwagon Mitts and the Elsie Beanie throwing a snowball at my eldest, Niall, who was my photographer for the afternoon!


Yesterday I published my Elsie Beanie pattern. This pattern was originally a collaboration with Crate Crochet Subscription Box in Australia, and the pattern was exclusive to subscribers. I wrote the pattern for DK weight for the box but since then added a 4ply weight version too. Again, it's an intermediate rated design. If you purchase the pattern your pdf will include both versions - you can find it on Ravelry here and on Lovecrafts here and if you're quick you can catch it at the early bird price of £2.50.


The Elsie Beanie is crocheted sideways and has a lovely drape to it created by modified linked trebles. If you haven't tried linked crochet stitches before this small project is perfect for you to give them a try. The pattern is a simple 4 row repeat which will soon become very rhythmic and mindful. There is an accompanying YouTube video which will help to keep you right here (note to self - film in landsacpe next time!). These last 2 photos were taken by Niall back in May 2020 and show the DK version of the hat.


I hope you like these new patterns, please do share your photos online if you follow one (or both!) I do love to see them.

Catch you soon,

Marta xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...