Friday 12 March 2021

Inspiration for a Mother's Day card


Hello! It's Mother's Day here in the UK this Sunday and if you're still looking to make a card I have some crochet card inspiration for you here!

I was wondering what kind of card to make my own mum when I remembered a pattern I had written for a simple crocheted flower. I thought it might look quite cute stuck on a card and began playing around with different ideas, with and without the added pen lines.

When I looked up the pattern, written back in 2016, I found it looked totally alien to my current way of writing so I gave it a makeover! This design includes both UK & US terms, a chart AND a photo tutorial! It's rated beginner level and I'm confident that even if you're new to crochet you will manage to make a cute flower.

I used DMC Natura Just Cotton (310m/100g, 100% cotton) in Cerise, Giroflee and Passion for these cards. For the smaller pink (Cerise) flowers I used a 2.5mm hook and pulled the centres in really tightly. For the larger flowers I used a 3mm hook and left the centres open slightly. My plain white cards are square 12.5mmx12.5mm (I think I bought these in Hobbycraft but they're widely available or you could fold a sheet of card in half). I used PVA glue for sticking - a glue gun would work too, especially if you're in a real hurry!

The beauty of this pattern is that it will work with ANY yarn and the appropriate size hook. Of course, the finished flower can be used for all sorts of decorative purposes, it can be sewn on to items as well as glued.

You can find the FREE pdf download for the Simple Flower on Lovecrafts here and on Ravelry here (please note that the Ravelry website can cause issues for people with photosensitivity).

I hope this inspires you if you're making a last minute card - please tag me on Instagram if you make one, or leave a comment below, I'd love to know how you get on!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...