Thursday 22 July 2021

Synthesizer Sock - crochet pattern release!

 


I'm super excited to bring you my latest crochet release - my Synthesizer Socks pattern! This is my fourth sock pattern and I feel it's my best yet - I've combined all my knowledge and experience into its construction. 

  • It's a toe up design with a crossed stitch pattern on the upper foot formed of half trebles & extended double crochet stitches on the sole for stretch and durability.
  • The ankle is finished with a cosy, fold down cuff.
  • I've made several YouTube videos to help you succeed with this pattern because I really want you to feel confident about crocheting socks! My pattern should be clear to follow, but if you find yourself stuck the videos should help.
  • 1 skein of sock yarn is sufficient for the S, M & L sizes, 2 skeins will be required for the XL size.
  • This pattern has been tested in all the size variations, resulting in a pattern that you can trust.
  • I'm here if you need help! You can add a comment below or send me a DM on Instagram.

The pattern is currently available on Ravelry here and as soon as it's been approved I will add the link to Lovecrafts too.

I would like to thank my wonderful team of testers - Laura Dimmon, Fiona Feeney, Julie Letton, Tammy de Nobriga, Carina Rego & Hannah Wingfield. These ladies worked so well together inside my Instagram testing group, encouraging and helping each other out. The crochet commuity is a truly wonderful place!


My eldest son, Niall, helped me out with the model photography and loaned me his synthesizer and recording tech for the flatlay photos. Thanks Niall! It's me modelling the socks in front of the woodburning stove on one of the hottest days of the year!

I hope you enjoy this pattern, please tag me on Instagram if you make a pair, I'd love to see! I also love to watch people taking one of my designs and truly making it their own. Crochet is a wonderful way to really let your imagination run wild and I positively encourage you to do so with a few ideas at the end of the pattern to get you thinking.

Happy crocheting,

Marta xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...