Friday 8 October 2021

5 of the best crochet sock patterns!



Hello! I'm here today to share 5 of the best crochet sock patterns - tried & tested by me! I love crocheting socks, they're one of my favourite things to make - partly because they're a small project so they work up fast, partly because there's such a beautiful range of sock yarn out there to choose from. Some of these patterns I have Ravelry links to, others require a bit more tracking down as you will see. All the photos below are my versions of them, let's have a look ...


No.1  Tipping The Scales by Joanne Scrace. This pattern was released on Boxing day 2020 as a 5 part mystery crochet along and I remember starting straight away on that day! It's now available as a complete pattern on Ravelry for £4.00. Written for 7 sizes (baby to adult) this pattern is a fantastic stash buster. I made mine in a UK2, they're tiny! 


No.2  Brickyard Socks by Rohn Strong. One of my favourite sock patterns - I've made about 5 pairs of these! I love Rohn Strong's sock patterns, they're easy to follow and often combine more than 1 colour throughout the sock which keeps things interesting. I had a look online and can only find the pattern in Rohn's book 'Step Into Crochet'. I've crocheted about half the socks in this book, I'd definitely recommend it.


No.3  Sparkler Socks by Vicki Brown. I had a hard job choosing my favourite Vicki Brown sock pattern, I've made quite a few of these too! This design uses linked half trebles (UK terms) to create a lovely flat fabric - perfect for socks. Available in 3 adult sizes, you can download it from Ravelry on its own or as part of a 6 sock pattern bundle which is excellent value. Popping Vicki's website here too, although this pattern isn't on there, many other good ones are!



No.4  Everyone (Needs) Socks by Kat Goldin. This is the first pair of socks I ever crocheted so they're very special (on that note, please excuse my photography - this was back in 2017 and my photography skills have come a long way since then!). I can't seem to find this pattern anywhere online, but it is available in Kat's 2nd crochet book 'Hook, Stitch & Give' - another book well worth investing in. Amazingly it's written for 12 sizes, from baby throught to UK12 and it's very adaptable for different widths.




No.5  is one of my own designs - Fabulous Socks! This is my most purchased pattern and an excellent choice for the first time sock crocheter. It's a toe-up design with extended double crochet stitches for stretch and finished with a ribbed cuff. Designed using Paintbox Yarns sock wool, 100g is enough for each of the 3 adult sizes available. The pattern is downloadable from Ravelry & LoveCrafts for £3.50.

I hope you've found this mini guide useful! I send regular emails to my list covering topics like this, together with discount codes, free patterns, crochet tips & advice. If you'd like to subscribe to my list please sign up here

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...