Tuesday 19 October 2021

It's crochet pattern release day for my Mavis Mitts!

photo © Niall Mitchell

Hello! I'm really excited to bring you my Mavis Mitts pattern! The design was tech edited, tested & photographed last month, I was just waiting for the photos coming in, which they did first thing yesterday morning!

photo © Niall Mitchell

So, what's this pattern all about? Allow me to dive in with the key points here ...

  • Pretty shell stitches form the basis of this design; my second mitts pattern.
  • They begin at the cuff, worked in rows, then work up to the fingertips in rounds.
  • The patterns is available as a pdf download from Ravelry & LoveCrafts.
  • Shaping is added to accommodate the thumb and create a beautiful fit.
  • Four sizes are included with the pattern; toddler, child, adult M & adult L.
  • There's plenty of scope for adjusting the fit of these mitts to suit the size you require. It will be easiest to select the circumference you need & then crochet more or less rounds to suit.
  • 100g of sock yarn is sufficient to make even the largest size. I used standard sock yarn from Vicki Brown Designs in the colourway Teal. Vicki kindly provided yarn support for this design.
  • This is an intermediate level pattern, written in both UK & US terms.
  • There are charts & video tutorials included with the written pattern if you need them.
  • This mitts design has been tech edited & tested, giving you peace of mind to enjoy crocheting.
  • My patterns now include a 'take it further' section with inspiration for you to add your own twist to my designs.
If there's anything I haven't covered here, please leave me a comment below and I'll happily answer any queries you may have.

photo © Niall Mitchell

To celebrate the release of this pattern, I'm offering you 30% on Ravelry with the code RELEASE. Hurry, offer expires at midnight tomorrow (Wednesday 20th October BST)

I hope you enjoy my new pattern! Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...