Thursday 20 January 2022

Socks, socks, socks, socks and socks!




Hello! I have so much sock news to share with you! First up, as you may have seen on social media, I have launched my Fiddle Sock pattern on Ravelry & LoveCrafts. I have been blown away by the amount of sales coming in for it, especially since it's January! It seems that you guys are really pleased that I've written a pattern for DK weight yarn because many of you find 4ply a little too fiddly to work with. Thank you very much if you have bought the pattern, I truly appreciate your support. If you're still thinking about, hurry - the 20% discount ends at midnight, Friday 21st January! Use the code FIDDLE to get 20% off the pattern on Ravelry. (As always, give me a shout if you can't access Ravelry).


Secondly, a reminder of my crochet sock workshop next month. Spaces are filling fast for this all day workshop at the Central Scotland School of Craft. By the end of the day the heel will be demystified and you will be confident about crocheting socks! All the information is in the link above, but feel free to ask me any questions.

My 3rd piece of sock news is about my Fabulous Socks! crochet pattern. This design is my most popular paid-for pattern and I thought it deserved some attention and some video tutorials, since most of my latest designs have them. I have significantly changed the look and layout of my patterns since designing these socks in 2018, and I've updated this pdf to bring it in line with the newer ones and put in a lot of hours creating videos for each stage. If you originally bought this pattern on Ravelry you should have had an email about the update. If you didn't or if you bought the pattern on LoveCrafts or via your local yarn shop - please get in touch and I'll send you the updated version.

I'm really chuffed with this new version and I hope you like it too! You can buy the updated pattern on Ravelry and LoveCrafts.

My next piece of sock news is that I'm currently knitting socks! I'm taking part in Christine Perry AKA Winwick Mum's Winter Haven KAL - a knit along which is all about making space and taking time out a habit, even if it's just for January. The idea is that you follow one of Christine's patterns - I'm keeping things super simple and going for a vanilla sock using the Basic Sock Pattern, which I've knitted up many times before. 

In case your wondering, although I do like to have a knitting project on the go, I only write crochet patterns - knitting is simply for the fun of it!


My final piece of sock news is something huge but also something I need to keep under wraps! I have had my 6th crochet sock pattern accepted by a magazine for publication! I am absolutely over the moon about this and I can't wait to share this design with you! For now, here is a sneak peek, that's all I can share - sorry for being a tease!

I hope you've found all my sock news interesting, but if socks aren't your thing, don't worry - I'll be back next week with more varied crochet news!

Marta xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...