Sunday 30 April 2023

Ugh, Why Did I Do That?


Hello! I did something really silly recently. Do you know those times when you just wish you could go back in time and not do the stupid thing? That.

So, I'd just finished soaking my finished Lazy Days Wrap and instead of squeezing the excess water out in a large towel like I usually do, I decided to chuck it in the washing machine on a 'gentle' spin cycle. 

Well ... it came out the machine in a twisted, stretched-out-of-all-proportion, snake like state! Eeeeek!

I went ahead and blocked it anyway, trying to pull it width wise to take the length out. That didn't work. Once off the blocking mats it was 270cm long and when I put it round my shoulders it almost came to my feet! 

To try and fix this, I soaked it over night to relax the fibres and reblocked it the next day. This made an ever so slight difference, but it was still crazy long!!

The moral of the story? When it comes to handling precious wool creations, don't try and skip steps, take your time and let the pieces shine!

I'll be back next week and I should have a second finished wrap to share with you. One that's properly blocked!

Happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...