Tuesday 12 September 2023

Podcast Special: The Scottish Yarn Festival, 2023


Hello! I'm slowly coming down from a cloud after The excitement of the Scottish Yarn Festival! I had such a brilliant day filled with happy memories that will remain with me for a long time!

A huge thank you to everyone who came to see me at the Sealy MacWheely Designer Explorium (and to Katie and Eva for their hard work organising the showcase). It was super lovely to meet fellow crocheters and to chat crochet! I know many of you are reading this now after signing up on the day, thank you!

I also had quite a few messages from people after the event saying that they'd seen me but were too shy to introduce themselves. Please don't be shy next time. Let me tell you, I was way out of my comfort zone on the day (and probably just as shy as you), but I knew how important connections within the community are, so I faced my fears and did it in anyway!

I'm glad I did because I spoke to a yarn dyer and we've agreed on a collaboration! Whoop! You just never know where a conversation will take you, do you? 

My friend Gwen took this
photo of my designer lanyard!

If you'd like to find out more about my festival experience, do check out my podcast special on YouTube where I talk about it in more depth and share my purchases.

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Power of Yarn: How Crochet Can Enhance Your Wellbeing

Hello! I don't know about you, but in our fast-paced world, I often crave moments of peace and activities that will help to keep me calm...