Friday 29 September 2023

How To Crochet The Alpine Stitch

  

Text reads: How To Crochet The Alpine Stitch. Image shows young woman adjusting a crocheted beanie.

Edit: This crochet pattern has now been released, you can find it for FREE here on my blog!

Hello! Firstly, a quick update on where I'm at with my Perth Beanie crochet pattern (pictured above). Testing is almost finished and that has been a really enlightening process for me. My testers picked up on a few things that I would never even have thought about. One testers was confused with the term "counts as a stitch" vs "does not count as a stitch" - not an issue with the pattern exactly, but something which I understand yet forget that not everyone understands the difference between these two terms. This is something I will address in a future email/ blog post.

Something which is possibly new to you is one of the stitches in my design - the Alpine Stitch - have you tried it before? I love it for its dense & squishy texture! There's a new video tutorial from me up now on YouTube demonstrating this wonderful stitch - if it's a stitch you're not familiar with, please do check it out! 

I'll be back in touch soon with details of the pattern release, until then, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. If you can't wait and are itching to start a new project, please have a look on my website or on Ravelry and see if there's something there that takes your fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...