Monday 11 March 2024

Lazy Days CAL Back For The Third Year!



Hello! I'm really pleased to announce that I've begun work on my Lazy Days CAL for 2024! This will be the 3rd year I've run this summer CAL (CAL is short for crochet a-long, for any of you newer to the craft) and for the first time I have a brand new colourway!!

I've been collaborating with Sophie at The Wool Shed on the new colourway. For those of you who don't know, Sophie has begun to dye yarn following the sudden death of her daughter Liv last year. I really enjoyed working with Liv and loved the original colourway she came up with for my Lazy Days CAL.

Just like when I began this crochet along with Liv in 2022, the inspiration is a drawing I commissioned from Katie Gammie. This time I sent the isame llustration to her mum, Sophie, and besides asking for "something darker", I gave her free reign to interpret the drawing in her own way. 



I love the way that Sophie has taken the foxglove as her inspiration and picked up the pinky, purpley colours! She was using yarn with a slightly different base to experiment with, so the next step for her is to get some DK superwash and see how it works on that. Yes - this year for the first time the base will be DK weight, not 4ply (I can hear many of you cheering, ha ha!).

Once I have my eager hands on a sample, I'll begin crocheting right away! The pattern is already forming in my mind and I'm excited to get crocheting! I'm going to keep you guessing by keeping my idea secret for now - but, tell me in the comments, what would you like to see for this year's CAL?

If you'd like to see the patterns from previous year's CALs, you can find them on my website and on Ravelry.

The best thing to do to keep up to date with this exciting project as it unfolds, is to sign up to my mailing list. You'll receive a copy of my "25 Top Tips Every Crocheter Should Know" pdf when you do too!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Power of Yarn: How Crochet Can Enhance Your Wellbeing

Hello! I don't know about you, but in our fast-paced world, I often crave moments of peace and activities that will help to keep me calm...