Friday 27 September 2024

A New Look For My Business!

Hello! Over the last two weeks I've taken a significant step towards strengthening my brand identity. In the past, I experimented with various styles across different platforms, creating a fragmented and inconsistent look. If you remember, my blog had a rainbow watercolour look going on, whilst my website was cold, blue and grey. Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube were ok, but I didn't have a logo and the overall impression was generic crochet. 

 


However, I've now embraced a cohesive and unified aesthetic that better reflects my personal brand. To achieve this, I've adopted a vibrant colour palette consisting of mostly  blue and orange These colors not only add a cheerful and energetic vibe but also resonate with my personality. Orange, with its warmth and enthusiasm, symbolizes my outgoing and optimistic nature. Blue, on the other hand, represents my calm and collected demeanor. This combination of colours perfectly encapsulates my unique brand essence.
 
Not only did I choose brand colours, I also carried these across into the design of a logo which perfectly captures the essence of my crochet business. Did you know, I've never actually had a logo for this business? It seems crazy now I think of it!
 
This simple yet effective, circular design not only visually represents my brand but also conveys a sense of warmth, creativity, and professionalism. The warm background colour evokes a sense of welcome and comfort, inviting my potential customers to explore what I have to offer. The central yarn graphic in blue, immediately communicates my creative focus. The circular band around the edge makes me think back to my days in the Girl Guides, achieving and sewing on all those activity badges!
 
The fonts I've chosen are also a crucial element of my new brand identity. I wanted to strike a balance between readability and visual appeal. To achieve this, I've selected a slightly fancier font for my headlines, adding a touch of elegance and sophistication. This is complemented by a simpler secondary font for body text, ensuring that my content is easy to read and understand. This contrasting combination of fonts creates a visually interesting and harmonious look that reflects my brand's personality. 



Once I'd created my new logo and brand identity, the next step was applying it across all the places I'm visible online, including this blog. This has taken up most of my time this week, so there hasn't been as much time for crochet as I'd like! Tech is not my strong point and there were times when the laptop nearly got flung, but I think I've got there! 
 
My website was the most involved platform to update because there are so many different pages to go through. When I first got my website I simply chose a theme I liked and worked around it. Now that it has my own look I'm really pleased with how professional it looks. I'd love for you to go and check it out to see what you think! Any feedback is most welcome!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet and Sustainability: Your Guide to Being More Eco-Friendly

Hello! Are you l ooking for ways to reduce the environmental impact of your crochet? There are so many opportunities to create what we do in...