Friday 13 September 2024

Crochet Pattern of the Month Offer for September!

Hello! Who's ready for my latest pattern of the month? If you're looking for a new project for the weekend, this could be the very one for you! I've chosen my Elsie Beanie because I know many of you will be on the search for a new beanie to crochet up for the colder weather ahead. Designed back in 2020, this is still one of my favourite hat designs and I love to see your versions pop up on social media too.


Model wearing an olive green beanie with a faux fur pompom. They have their back to the camera and have a map opened out in front of them.
DK version

It's a slouchy beanie, finished with a faux fur pompom! Both DK weight and 4ply weight versions written in the same pattern - you choose (or make both!). Like I said, I created this pattern in 2020 when we were in lockdown and were all stuck at home (it seems so long ago!). The DK (8ply) version in olive green was first featured in the Crate Crochet subscription box in Australia and the yarn which came in the boxes with the pattern was Bellissimo Lucca, a superwash merino/ cotton blend. I did a quick check on Yarnsub.com and found a good match for you if the Australian yarn is tricky to track down: Cascade Yarns Anchor Bay has a very similar yarn content and will produce a comparable drape.

We had a blast taking photos for the pattern in the May of that year; two of my kids, our crazy dog Jazz and I posed with a vintage map and an old camera bag. People passing by might have thought we were a bit strange, but we didn't care!




If you'd like to receive my '25 top crochet tips' for FREE, sign up to my mailing list. There's a load of really good crochet stuff coming your way too, including the biggest discount codes (which I don't share anywhere else). Subscribe here.

When the pattern rights came back to me and I was ready to release the pattern myself, I decided to add a 4ply version. For my pale orange sample I used Cascade Yarns Heritage and I was so chuffed with the way the fabric draped! This photo shoot was taken in the late snow we had in March 2021 - it was another fun one with snow all around and the chance for me to throw snowballs at my photographer! The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice the mitts I'm wearing - we did the photo shoot for my Bandwagon Mitts pattern the same day!


Woman looking side on to the camera wearing a crocheted beanie with a faux fur pompom. There is snow laying all around.
4ply version


Elsie Beanie will be pattern of the month throughout September, which means you can have 15% off the pattern with the code SEPTEMBER - it's valid on both my website and Ravelry!

So, are you Team 4ply or Team DK? Which version will you be crocheting?

I'll be back next week with more crochet news, in the meantime happy crocheting, 

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Pattern of the Month Offer for September!

Hello! Who's ready for my latest pattern of the month? If you're looking for a new project for the weekend, this could be the very o...