Friday 3 October 2014

New pattern ideas


The school holidays start today so I thought I had better fit in a quick blog post because I know I am not too good at blogging in the holidays! I have been busy crochet pattern writing this week and wanted to share my progress with you. Earlier in the week I looked back over my ribbed ear warmer pattern and made a few changes before sending it out to a couple of testers. I know that one of them has begun work straight away and it's always exciting to find out from testers how it's going so I can not wait! This pattern will be published here once the testing stage is complete.



ribbed ear warmers (crochet)

Tightening up my ear warmer pattern gave me the urge to create another crochet pattern and I had 10 balls of King Cole baby alpaca sitting in my stash waiting to be put to use. I have worked in this yarn before, creating a shell pattern cowl (the pattern is free on my blog, look under April 2014). I love how soft this wool is and also how well it drapes so I decided to make a larger piece in it.



the beginnings of a new pattern


After a short time playing around with a few ideas I settled on a pattern I liked and quickly worked out the dimension details before beginning for real.



pattern progress

Today it's raining so it's the perfect day to curl up in my cosy corner and crack on with this! I shared a picture of where I sit and do most of my crafting on Instagram earlier this week so I will post it here too.



my crafty corner

I will endeavour to blog at least once in the holidays, until then happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Your projects look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I'm very nearly finished the wrap and the ear warmers have passed their first test :)

      Delete

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...