Friday 6 May 2022

A sneak peek of something new!

 

image © Katie Birdie Does 


Hello! I have a sneak peek of something new I'm working on behind the scenes this week! I have begun a collaboration project with an illustrator and an indie dyer to bring you a product which I am sure you are going to fall in love with!

It begins with the image above which I shared on social media yesterday. It's a beautiful drawing by Katie (known on Instagram as @katiebirdiedoes) which I commissioned as the starting point for this whole project. Katie and I have been friends on Insta for a good few years, meeting for the first time through the Fun A Day Dundee project (an annual creative challenge taking place in January). We had an initial video call where I explained my vision and gave Katie the info she needed to start creating.

What's next? Well, I've already begun working with an indie dyer (more on them soon!) and they are going to dye some yarn based on the colours in Katie's drawing. I've given the dyer plenty of freedom to use the image and see where it takes them, rather than "do you see the pink in the foxgloves, the yellow in the bumble bee and the darkest green in the grass? I want those colours", because I'd like everyone who's involved in this collaboration to feel they've contributed their own creative energy into it.

Want to know what's next? Sign up to my mailing list to be first to know! 

Have a lovely weekend,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Make Do And Mend With Crochet

  Make Do And Mend With Crochet Hello! This week I'd like to focus on one of my core values when it comes to crafting: How To "Mak...