Friday 14 October 2022

Nothing speaks like unique


Hello! One thing I love about crocheting from a pattern, particularly if it's a wearable item, is that I know my finished piece is going to be unique.

Even if I've followed along using the suggested yarn there will be differences between mine and everyone elses out there! There is NO WAY I'll walk into a room and have that awkwardnesss of realising that someone is wearing the same thing as me.

I find this very satisfying. Especially when you consider all the variations within a pattern; sizing, sleeve options, colours (obviously!), little tweaks here and there.

We're all different and so is our way of interpreting a pattern and one thing that I never tire of as a designer is seeing your versions of my designs. I LOVE it!

A feature which I now include with my patterns is a 'Take it Further' section. It's where I encourage you to take my design as a starting point and truly make it your own. I include 3 or 4 ideas to get you thinking, but there are countless ways you can do this!

This week, over on Instagram, lots of you have been tagging me with your makes (it was actually quite hard to choose one for my Gallery section below!).

So, I'd like to encourage you to choose handmade! Whether it's a crocheted hat, a knitted shawl, a home sewn dress. BE BOLD! Make it your own and no one else will be looking the same as you!

If you're looking for inspiration for your winter layers, check out the patterns on my website. I've created a Winter Collection featuring all my hats, mitts and scarves - check it out!

That's all for this week, have a yarn filled weekend,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...