Friday 18 November 2022

Spilling the beans!

 


At last! I can share this project with you, it's been soooo tough keeping quiet on this one!

I was the featured designer for Crate Crochet's October box!

I was delighted to be asked to create a new sock design and I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Crate Crochet are a crochet subscription box service based in Australia, run by the lovely Carmela. This was the 4th pattern I've designed for them but the first one since the pandemic, it's been a while!

Like I say, they're based in Australia and deliver throughout Australia & New Zealand as well as the USA. Click this link to learn more - their boxes are beautifully curated. 


I designed the socks in Manos Del Uraguay Alegria Grande which is a 10ply weight yarn, 75% superwash merino/ 25% nylon and comes in the most amazing aray of colours!
 
It was fun to create a sock in 3 colours, something I hadn't done before, but because the yarn comes in 100g skeins and 20g minis it was totally possible!

The photos for the socks were taken on our local beach when the tide was out. It was a nippy day, so I was wearing my Fair Isle Mitts to keep cosy! My youngest son took a turn at being my photographer and I think they did a great job!
 
At the moment, this pattern is exclusive to Crate Crochet but once this exclusive period is up I will be releasing the pattern myself - sign up to my newsletter be first to be notified.
 
I've also been invited to collaborate with them on another box, which I'm really excited about!


Well, that's my exciting news for now! Until next time,

Marta xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...