Wednesday 23 November 2022

5 of the best cowls to crochet as gifts



Hello! I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to panic about the amount of crocheted items I've yet to make as Christmas gifts! Once again, I'm asking myself why I leave it until the last 2 months of the year?

If you're in the same boat - a cowl is the answer! It's fairly small so it won't take you much time and many of the designs I'm about to share with you are stash busters, so they're easy on the pocket!

All the cowl patterns have been crocheted up BY ME and the opinions are my own, this is not an affiliate email. The photos are all my own. 



Claigan Cowl by Claudia Dingle

This cowl was first published in Moorit, issue 2 and was the first thing I crocheted from that issue! It's worked in the round in 4ply weight yarn and has an easy to remember repeat, making it perfect to relax with in these busy months.
 
At the moment this cowl is still exclusive to Moorit magazine; physical copies are still available, digital copies too.



Granny Cowl by Zeens and Roger
 
This pattern was on the front cover of Mollie Makes, issue 103 and I clearly remembering making it right away! It's a beginner level pattern, using mostly granny stitch with a linen stitch (or moss stitch) border. This is another fantastic stash buster, you can get really creative with your colours!



Malvern Cowl by Joanne Scrace
 
I made this for my Mum a few years ago and I really enjoyed making it! It's worked as a tube in the round (which has the bonus of hiding all your ends on the inside!) and is a potential stash buster! I decided to do things differntly and gave mine a möbius twist. 





Striation Cowl by ME!
 
I had to include one of my own here, didn't I? I've published 4 cowl patterns, and this one is possibly my favourite! It's crocheted in rows using 3 colours of DK weight yarn, and it's another good mindful project. There are lots of colour possibilities with this one too.





The Gift Cowl by Hannah Siegmund
 
This cowl is the most recent one I've crocheted! It uses super chunky yarn - meaning it works up in no time! I love the way that this cowl has unisex appeal, it will suit lots of people. The pattern is very easy to follow and can be made all in one colour or with as many colour changes as you like.


I hope there's something here to inspire you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you're making this Christmas!

If you'd like to receive content like this staright to your inbox, subscribe to my mailing list here.

Happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...