Thursday 1 June 2023

Come and Make Friends With my Lazy Days CAL



One of the things I really love about crochet is the way it brings like minded people together. In my last few emails I've been telling you all about my Lazy Days Kits, but here in this email I'd like to explain more about the Lazy Days CAL and how it will operate.

If you haven't come across the term before, a CAL is a Crochet A-Long where a group of crocheters get together and work on the same (or similar) project at the same time. This usually takes place in the virtual world, although there can sometimes be opportunities to meet with others locally too.

Over the years I've made so many good friends through CALs. Most of them I've never met in real life but some I have and some I plan to meet in the future. It's a reminder to me that there are good people out there and they fill my life with happiness (you know who you are if you're reading this).

I'm going to kick off my Lazy Days CAL on June 23rd 2023 which gives you plenty of time to stash dive or buy yarn if you're not going to be using my kit.

The pattern is now up on Ravelry and on my website, so you can see the details there and I've set up a special discount code for you JUN23 will give you 10% off the pattern!





The recommended yarn for this project is 75% superwash merino/ 25% nylon in 4ply/ sock weight/ fingering weight. To bring out the best of this design I suggest that you go for something that's all one colour, or something tonal or something with light speckling or mottling. Any yarn with high contasts or bold colour changes will make the finished wrap look too busy. You will need approximately 170g of yarn.
 
The main place I'm going to hold the CAL is in a chat group on Instagram. You can send me a message on Instagram once you've bought the pattern and would like to be added to the group (find my Insta icon link at the very foot of this email). This will be a friendly space where we can share photos, ask questions and generally cheer each other on.
 
I've done this in the past for other pattern releases and it's a great way to work on a longer term project like this and to make new friends in the process. So, don't be shy, come and say hello! 
 
Did I mention that there will be PRIZES? There will be multiple categories and prizes which I'll announce nearer the time!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Make Do And Mend With Crochet

  Make Do And Mend With Crochet Hello! This week I'd like to focus on one of my core values when it comes to crafting: How To "Mak...