Thursday 8 June 2023

Crochet Pattern of the Month for June!


Hello! This time last year I was hard at work putting the finishing touches on my first crochet kit, fun times! That kit featured a crocheted sock pattern, my Lazy Days Socks, and it's this pattern I've chosen for pattern of the month for June.

To rewind a little further I'd better explain how the Lazy Days theme began with an illustration I commissioned from Katie Gammie. I'd been an admirer of Katie's work for a while and I loved how her drawing evoked a sense of laid back summer days, just the vibe I was looking for.

From there I sent the finished drawing to Liv Spencer at The Wool Shed who hand dyed sock yarn for me inspired by its colours. I then designed a pair of crocheted socks taking inspiration from both the illustration and the yarn. 

The socks are a cuff-down design which I had a lot of fun designing. The cuffs have a very unusual look to them - I was recreating the foxglove spikes in wool form! The heel has a flap and gusset to allow for plenty of room around the instep and the soles have extended double crochet stitches for a smooth feel underfoot.


If you haven't crocheted socks before, here are a few of my top tips:

  • Use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round. This will really help you to keep track of your work.
  • Try on your socks on as you go, making sure that they're the right size and adjusting as necessary.
  • Weave in any ends as you go. This will help to prevent them from coming undone especially during multiple try ons.
  • Be patient and have fun! Crocheting socks is such a rewarding project that can be enjoyed by people of all skill levels.
  • Don't forget that you can reach out to me with questions at any time!


My Lazy Days Socks crochet pattern is available on my website and on Ravelry and you can have 10% off the pattern with the code JUN23 

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...