Friday 16 June 2023

Some Of My Followers Love This, Do You?

Hello! A few years ago I began adding a 'Take it Further' section at the end of my patterns, in which I invite you to take my design and add your own twist. I bullet point 4 or 5 ideas to get your creative ideas flowing and then encourage you to go ahead and crochet something a little bit different.

Whilst some of these ideas could be as simple as using more colours or adding a pompom, others will require a little more skill and involve changing the stitch count or using the stitch pattern to create something else entirely. If this is the case I do guide you by letting you know how many multiples are in the stitch count.



The first pattern I added this inspiration section to was my Sunshine & Showers Aplliqué pattern and I launched a competition to see who could come up with the best variation. The collage above shows some of the amazing results from customers who entered - I was VERY impressed! The winner was Jane (@created_uniquely on Instagram) who created the coin purse (pictured bottom left).

I know many of you LOVE this extra section, in fact Holly-Marie shared a photo this week of her In The Groove Cushion Cover, showing how she had done a completely different stitch on the back and created an envelope opening too. You can see her reel on Instagram here. 

Crochet patterns are really easy to adapt and make your own, whether that's intentionally (in similar ways to Holly-Marie) or whether that's because you make a 'mistake' and decide to run with it! So go ahead, have a look at my 'Take it Further' sections and let your creativity flow!

Don't forget to tag me when you do because I'd love to see!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. If you'd like to receive these posts staright to your inbox, sign up to my mailing list - you'll be first to hear all my crochet news and get the biggest discounts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...