Thursday 10 February 2022

February's crochet pattern of the month

 


Hello! Sorry if you missed my weekly blog post last week, I had Covid so I was taking it easy. Hubby had it too, despite us both being fully vaccinated. At the moment only our youngest is home and he seems to have escaped the virus, phew! I had a bit of a cough & sore throat, violent sneezes that pulled stomach muscles and generally just felt tired & achy. I tell you, I'm glad I had been vaccinated, it could have been a lot worse!

Anyway, the silver lining was the extra hours for crochet and knitting! It's times like these that I'm so grateful to have such creative and relaxing hobbies - I don't know what I'd do without them! The main project I've been working on is Dutch Houses Throw (below), a mosaic crochet pattern by Esme Crick. I'm using Scachenayr Merino Extrafine 120 and I love how this pattern is working up! 



Like I said, the over riding symptom I had with Covid was tiredness. I really had no energy for over a week, which I'm sure any of you who have had the virus can relate to. So, as well as lots of crochet time I have had time to think about my business and the direction I want it to grow in. I recently had a 1:1 business strategy session with Jenny from Female Entrepeneur School which was amazing! Jenny tells it as it is and praised me for what I was doing well, pointed out a few areas that need improving (and how to take action to sort them) and gave me some inspiration to take away and think about for the future. 

2022 is going to be a big growth year for my crochet business so stick around for what's coming next!

I shared the sock tip at the top of the page on Instagram this week and I thought you might find it useful too. I almost always make socks for big feet (size UK9 - 14 in this household!) so I find this tip really helpful, especially on a toe up sock - I can stop the leg when the yarn seems to be running out. Try it and let
me know how you get on!




February's crochet pattern of the month is my Bandwagon Mitts! The good news is that I've given the pattern a once over to bring it up to date and in line with my more recent patterns AND added US terms! Use the code FEB22 for 15% off the pattern on Ravelry! If you can't access Ravelry, have a look at the pattern on LoveCrafts and drop me a comment or a DM over on Instagram and I'll arrange the discount via email and PayPal.

Sign up to my mailing list to keep up to date with all my news, receive free patterns and for the biggest discounts! https://mailchi.mp/920715760d7a/striation

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...