Friday 17 June 2022

Update on my collaboration with an illustrator and a yarn dyer.



Hello! As promised I'm giving you an update on my collaboration with the illustrator and yarn dyer. Things have progressed and I now have the yarn and I've had a play around with some lettering. If you've just started following me, I'm working with illustrator Katie (https://www.instagram.com/katiebirdiedoes/) and a yarn dyer to bring you a CAL (crochet a-long)! If you missed it, you can read my first installment in this blog post.

So, I can now update you with news of the yarn dyer! I'm collaborating with Liv at The Wool Shed (https://www.instagram.com/the_wool_shed/) and she has brought her creative energy to the drawing which Katie made for me. Initially she dyed up 3 skeins of yarn, each with varying degrees of colour and I selected the middle one in the range. I was super excited when the yarn arrived at the start of this week, eeeeek!


Can you see the gorgeous colours? Can you see the speckling? Do you agree that it represents the drawing absolutely beautifully? I'm certainly happy and Katie is really pleased with the outcome too, which is great!

What now? I'm going to wind the yarn up into a lovely ball and then begin designing for the CAL. I can reveal that I'll be taking inspiration from the drawing and the yarn to crochet socks, my 8th pair! Once the designing stage is complete, I'll pass the pattern on to be tech edited before it's crocheted up by my lovely team of testers.

I'm not going to make this a mystery CAL so I shall be posting photos as I progress (sign up to my mailing list to receive first peeks there!). Before I get stuck in I've 2 designs I'm working on that need to get to the tech editing stage before I begin anything new (a baby cardigan and my 7th sock design), so I'll leave it here and go crack on with them!

Catch you next week,

Marta xx

PS. I uploaded a new video to YouTube this week, it's a step-by-step tutorial for my free Scrappy Blanket II, go take a look! My latest podcast episode is up on YouTube too - you can find my channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...