Friday 16 September 2022

Do your crochet habits change with the seasons?




I'm wondering ... do you make the same kind of things throughout the year or do you change your habits with the seasons? I know I like to crochet more snuggly items between now and the really cold spell - making things for myself, family and friends to keep warm in. What about you?

Right now I'm looking through my queue of patterns and deciding which things I'll be making over the next few months. The Tunisian sampler cowl from The Crochet Project's new course is top of my list.

I ordered a new Tunisian hook and some pretty autumn inspired coloured yarn from LoveCrafts to get started on that. They just arrived this morning, so I should have something to share with you next week - look out for that! The hook is a Knit Pro Symfonie Afghan which seems a little short but it is double ended, so I'll see how I get on.


The new course, 'Tunisian Crochet - Basics and Beyond', was the focus of my mid-week email so check your inbox or take a look at this blog post if you missed it.

As well as this cowl I have a snuggly cardigan (with pockets), a crocheted hat, a knitted hat, a crocheted pair of socks and a knitted pair of socks lined up for the months ahead, This should keep me busy up until December when the Christmas themed things will begin in earnest!

What about YOU? Do you have crochet plans for the upcoming colder months? Or perhaps you're in the southern hemisphere and are getting geared up for lighter items? Leave me a comment to let me know your thoughts.

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...