Friday 2 September 2022

Looking back and looking forward


Hello! I've had a busy week packing up crochet kits and getting them shipped off around the world, so this is a quick blog post recapping what I got up to in August and looking forward to my plans for September. 

The little collage grid below has my Lazy Days Crochet Kit in the centre and also showcases my August projects ...

  • I finished Hector Rhinoceros by Jan Schenkel (I also finished Darwin Turtle but he didn't squeeze in)
  • The Wristlet Clutch Purse was completed too. Pattern by Nicki's Homemade Crafts
  • I crocheted about 45cm on my scappy blanket - the most I've ever done in a month!
  • I had a go at lino printing for the first time since high school. The kit I used was from Shape Of Home, a Scottish craft company.
  • A new crochet hat design was started and I love the direction it's going in (photo at the top of this email)
  • And, as I've shared before on here, I did A LOT of cycling with my hubby!

So, what's new for September? I'm quite excited about September actually - I feel a change in the air already and it's renewing my enthusiasm and inspiration. I also 
CAN NOT WAIT to start wearing woollens again - bring on the cooler weather!

Here are my September plans and goals ...

  • My Lazy Days CAL starts on the 6th September and I'm excited about joining in with my second pair of Lazy Days Socks!
  • I'm going to release my Fields of Wheat Beanie! This one has been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all.
  • My Scrappy Blanket III will be finished, written up and sent to testers this month, whoop!
  • The courses on my website are going to get their overhaul. You can still pick them up at the BARGAIN early bird price now!
  • There will be another pattern release which I'm keeping quiet about for now (and have been for some time, hee hee!)

And who knows what else September has in store? I don't know about you, but I feel there are all sorts of new possibilites out there!

Until next week, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. It's not too late to join in and buy your Lazy Days Socks pattern, pattern & project bag combo or full kit! There is 10% off the range on my website with the code LAZYDAYS10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...