Monday 5 September 2022

Pattern of the month for September

 


Hello! Here's a blog post full of pretty photos to brighten up your Monday! The photos are of my Elsie Beanie and they make me smile because the model shoots for both versions were very memorable experiences.

The pic above was taken on a sunny day in May. It was 2020 and restrictions had lifted ever so slightly causing us to wander slightly further from home - there was a sense of adventure! My youngest was modelling for me and my eldest was taking the photos. We also had the dog with us and she had a great time sniffing around in an area we hadn't been to for ages! Also, a vintage map was involved which gave us lots of funny looks from passers by but we didn't care!




Back home, I used the map theme together with some of the other props to create this flatlay which I really enjoyed putting together. 

The olive coloured Elsie Beanie is the DK (8ply) version of the hat. It's crocheted in rows of modified htr (UK) stitches.

I decided to make the pattern a 2 in 1 pattern and wrote a fingering weight (4ply) version too! I absolutely love the drape in the finer yarn, people comment that it looks knitted, which is interesting.




The photo shoot for the orange version was so much fun because we had snow! It was February 2021 and snow had been forecast for weeks but kept missing us (I do get very excited about snow and I fancied doing this photo shoot in the snow). Finally it came - and there was lots of it and it lasted for about a week, good times! I love the photo of me throwing a snowball at my photographer, my eldest!


In September I'm bringing back Pattern of the Month with my Elsie Beanie as the star! You can have 10% off the pattern on my website and on Ravelry with the code SEPT22 

There are links below take you to my website and to Ravelry, both have all the information you need - I thought I'd switch things up and share a little of the background in this email!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...