Wednesday 17 August 2022

Are you ready for a crochet sock challenge?

Hello! Last week I cycled 123 miles, which, if you'd asked me if this was possible at the start of the summer, the answer would definitely have been NO! No way! On days 1 and 2, I did two short cycles (about 6 miles) then did 28 miles on day 3! The rest of the week was a mix of shorter ones and longer ones, finishing with 33.5 miles on the final day - my longest cycle ever! I did it all with my husband David, who had the week off work, and we had a fantastic time exploring the area we live in! 

Now, I wouldn't consider myself a super fit person and whilst I do go out on my bike every couple of weeks, it's certainly not for anything like 30+ miles! At the start of last week when we'd seen the weather was perfect for cycling (I do not like cycling in the wind!), we challenged ourselves to cycle 100km.

David uses the Strava app which tracks your journey and gives you stats including distance, elevation, speed etc - this is what we used to keep a note of our distances. However, pretty soon we realised we were going to beat the target of 100km and set our sights on 100 miles instead - which we also smashed!

I'm so glad we challenged ourselves likes this; we spent a lot of time together, breathed in much needed fresh air, met hundreds of lovely people, got fitter (our stats on the last day were amazing!) and we had so much fun in the process! I'm so chuffed with myself for achieving my goal!

When was the last time you pushed yourself to do something? Why not take on the challenge of crocheting socks? If you've never done it before it may feel a little daunting, but like me on my bike journey, as you go throught he process, you'll feel more confident and you'll be so pleased with your results at the end.

I've written several blog posts all about crocheted socks (they're a bit of an obsession of mine!), they might help persuade you to give them a go!



If you're still sitting on the fence, I've put together a kit with everything you need to crochet a pair of socks (plus a few surprise extras!). It's available for pre-order now and will be ready to ship at the end of the month. Take a look at the kits on my website and consider challenging yourself!

There's 10% off the kit with the code LAZYDAYS10

The Lazy Days Sock pattern comes with links to over half an hour of video tutorials to keep you right because I'm passionate about helping you succeed with socks! You can do it and I'll be there to help - you can get in touch if you come across any issues.

Got any burning questions? Leave me a comment and I'll happily get back to you.

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. If you want a bigger discount on these kits, sign up to my mailing list here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...