Friday 16 December 2022

Baby it's cold outside!



Brrrrr, it's cold out there! We're experiencing a real cold spell at the moment, with temperatures just below freezing for nearly a week now.

On the plus side, it has been dry and sunny so I've been out for lots of beautiful winter walks with my dog Jazz. She is perfectly happy to sniff around while I fill my camera roll with icy puddle photos - future inspiration for a crochet design, perhaps?

The bonus of getting outside every day is the way walking gets my blood pumping and warms me up. I always feel so much warmer afterwards and I know the sunshine must boost my mood too, win-win!

The other good thing about going out in winter is the chance to show off all my crocheted accessories! I now have such a big selection of hats, scarves, cowls and mitts to choose from I love it!

If you're looking for something to crochet up for yourself or perhaps as a gift, there are lots of patterns to choose from as pdf downloads on my webiste. I'm going to share 3 of the most popular ones below, but there are more to choose from if you click through to my website.



 
The perfect pair of mitts to wear on a winter's walk! I patiently waited for snow back in February 2021 for this photo and I can confirm they did keep my hands cosy that day!
 

  • Written for DK weight yarn
  • Available in 5 sizes (child - adult, large
  • Intermediate level pattern


Tweed with a Twist Scarf
A super squishy scarf which will add a pop of texture to any outfit.
 

  • Patterns calls for tweedy, aran weight yarn (10ply)
  • Easy to remember pattern repeat, works up FAST!
  • Intermediate level pattern



 
The drape on this hat is simply stunning, particularly when worked in fingering weight yarn.
 
  • 2 in 1 pattern: instructions included for both 4ply and 8ply versions
  • Modified linked trebles are used to create the drape
  • Intermediate level pattern
That's all for this blog post, I hope there's been some inspiration there for you!

Until next time,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...