Thursday 15 December 2022

Pattern release in The Journal of Scottish Yarns

 


Hello! I've some exciting news to share today! Another of my patterns has been published in print, this time in The Journal of Scottish Yarns (affectionately known as Yarn for short).

Susan Anderson, the editor, reached out to me back in May and we had a video call about possible designs for issue 2. I left the conversation fuelled up with ideas and inspiration, Susan has such a lovely personality and is full of energy. Both our dogs made an appearance on screen too, cute!

Once my head stopped whirring with possibilities, I settled on creating a robust pair of scocks for wearing in the house. The yarn used is from New Lanark Spinning Co. and it aran weight, 100% pure new wool - perfect for the look I was going for!

It's a toe up sock with a fully turned heel and gusset, finished with a rounded toe. 



The journal contains several in-depth articles on the history and tradition of wool in Scotland, lots of knitting patterns and a few crochet patterns.
 
My Dunkeld Slipper Socks pattern is currently exclusive to Yarn and I'm going to wait until next early autumn to release the pattern myself. 
 
If you'd like the pattern before then, go to Yarn's website where you can find physical and digital copies of issues 1 & 2 as well as kits to make many of the patterns.

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Joining Crochet Like a Pro

  Seamingly Seamless: Mastering the Art of Joining Hello! If you've been crocheting for a while, you'll probably have come across a...