Wednesday 21 December 2022

Merry Christmas (and some quiet days crochet inspo for you)


Hello! I wanted to take the time to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and to offer some crochet inspiration for the quiet days between Christmas and New Year!

This past week has been a mix of getting ready for Christmas (some cleaning & tidying, present wrapping, cheesy music playing, menu planning, list writing, carol services, crocheted presents finished, testing the mince pies are good enough to be handed round, bedrooms prepared for guests, last minute gift buying) and finishing things off for my business so I can enjoy a good break (emails like this to write, pattern finalising, with my tech editor, working on that new design I can't talk about yet, podcast recording, planning ahead for 2023).

What about you? Are you organised for Christmas and the festive break?

Maybe you're looking forward to putting your feet up at the end of the big day and realxing with some chocolate and a new project. If so, I've put together my top 3 best selling patterns of 2022 to inspire you!

 

No.3 Scrappy Blanket III

This pattern only came out in September this year and has already shot to the number 3 position!

  • super easy to remember repeat pattern
  • great stash buster, can be worked in any yarn weight and has instructions for 5 sizes
  • beginner level pattern

No. 2  Fiddle Socks
The perfect pair of socks for snuggling up in! They're worked in DK weight yarn, so you could be wearing them in a few days.

  • cuff down design
  • available in 4 adult sizes
  • intermediate level pattern


No 1. 
Fabulous Socks! (Ravelry link)
 
This is the very first sock pattern I ever wrote and I think it's simplicity is what draws people to it. It's a great beginner sock because the heel section has minimal shaping (I should quickly add that this means it's not so good for people with a deep instep).
  • video tutorials to keep you on track (the patterns above have videos too)
  • toe up design
  • intermediate level pattern

I hope that there's something there to inspire you! I wonder what my top 3 will be this time next year?
All that remains is for me to do is to wish you a Merry Christmas - I hope you have a wonderful time,
Marta xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...