Tuesday 7 March 2023

This pattern started life whilst waiting in the queue at the supermarket!



Hello! It's pattern release day for my Fields of Wheat Beanie and I'm promoting it straight away to Pattern of the Month, giving you 10% off this crochet design throughout the month of March.

I love this crochet pattern, it's definitely one of my favourites! Did you know it began one day when I was waiting in the queue at the supermarket? The lady in front of me had a leather bag with strips of leather looped through each other in such a beautiful way I just had to recreate the effect in crochet! 

This design was first published in British Fibre Art Magazine, issue 23 and in November last year I included it in my Winter Coorie Collection, however this is the first time it has been released as a stand alone pattern.


The intricate wheat stalk motifs are more complex looking than you might think, they're definitely not as tricky to achieve as they appear to be! 

Juniper Moon Farm’s baby alpaca wool was chosen for this design because it’s so soft & delicate against the skin. I've tried working it up in wool from UK Alpaca and it makes a good substitute.

There are 6 size variations created with different hooks in conjunction with different numbers of repeats. It's an intermediate level pattern and it's written in UK terms. 

For 10% off this pattern use the code MAR23 on either my website or Ravelry.

Don't forget to tag me if you make one so I can share on social media and there's a £10 voucher too for every photo I share here in my newsletter!

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. If you'd like to receive my blog posts straight to your inbox and find my biggest discount codes, hop on my mailing list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...