Saturday 2 July 2022

I have a finished sock for the Lazy Days Sock CAL!


Hello! Would you believe that I designed the sock for my Lazy Days CAL and wrote it up (in all 4 sizes) in just 6 days?! Last Friday afternoon I tidied and did the housework so there were no distractions and so I had a clean, fresh environment to create in. Once that was out the way I sat down, looked at the beautiful illustration by
 Katie Gammie, the yarn from Liv at The Wool Shed and began to crochet! The design simply flowed off my hook, it was the most natural thing. Usually, I have a clear idea in my head or even on paper before I start, but not this time! 

The sloping lines around the cuff are is influenced by the long grasses and the detail around the ankle is inspired by the individual foxglove flowers. The speckles which Liv created as her response to Katie's drawing are carried throughout the sock and I love them - they're as scattered as the wild flowers themselves.


If you've missed my previous posts about this project, you can catch up here. 

The pattern will be released in the usual places (my website, Ravelry & LoveCrafts), there are going to be 100 limited edition kits! The kit will include the exclusive handyed sock yarn from The Wool Shed, a crochet hook, stitch markers & a few surprise extras and it will all come in a project bag with Katie's illustration printed on it. How amazing does that sound?



Next steps ... the sock pattern is going to my tech editor today and as soon as it's edited I'll send it to my lovely testing team. I'll be sharing photos of their projects to let you see how they get on with it.  After that I need to finalise the extras and begin ordering them in. I will be opening up for pre-orders towards the end of July - sign up to my mailing list to make sure you don't miss out! You can sign up here on my website.

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...