Monday 25 July 2022

Pre-launch orders open this Friday

 


Hello! Pre-launch orders open this Friday for my Lazy Days CAL kits and I'm having to pinch myself to make sure this is all really happening! It's been an absolute dream to collaborate with illustrator Katie (Katie Birdie) and indie yarn dyer Liv (The Wool Shed) to create this crochet kit for you!

Pre-orders start on Friday 29th July and orders will be sent at the end of August ready to start the CAL on Tuesday 6th September. Like I said in a previous email, I am choosing to keep this UK delivery only, just to keep things really simple for my first kit.

Hang on ... perhaps you've only just stumbled across me and are wondering what this is all about? It's probably best you go and check out this previous blog post for all the information, but in a nutshell I asked Katie for an illustration, took the drawing to Liv who hand dyed sock yarn inspired by its colours. I then designed a pair of crocheted socks taking inspiration from the illustration and the yarn. From there I've put together a kit for you with the pattern, yarn, hook, stitch markers and little extras you will LOVE, all contained in a project bag with Katie's original illustration printed on it. Sound good?


© The Wool Shed

The image above was sent to me by Liv of the sock yarn soaking up the gorgeous colours! It's 75% superwash merino/ 25% nylon, my favourite yarn base for crocheting socks.

I'll be releasing the pattern on it's own at the end of August and you are very welcome to join in using your own sock yarn, especially if you're outside the UK - the more the merrier!

If you're wondering what a CAL is, it's short for Crochet A-Long; when a bunch of people work on a project at the same time, encouraging one another by sharing photos and commenting on each others photos. I always find them great fun! I'll be opening a chat group on Instagram for the CAL, which I've done before with pattern releases and found to be a super supportive community experience.

Pre-launch day for my exclusive kits is this Friday. I'm only making 100 of them - when they're gone, they're gone! I suggest you sign up to my mailing list so you don't miss their release and also the biggest discount code will be going to subscribers!

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please ask - I'm here for you now and throughout the CAL.

Marta xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...