Thursday 21 July 2022

Crochet tip for you!


Hello! I'd like to share a useful little crochet tip with you today! It's a small change which can make a big difference. Tightness in the starting chain and first row was something I used to struggle with so I began to deliberately crochet my chains more loosely. But then I found this tip which works even better!


The secret is to go up a hook size for your starting chain! In the top swatch I used a 3.5mm hook throughout, causing the tightness along the starting edge. In the bottom swatch I used a 4mm hook for my starting chain and switched to a 3.5mm hook to begin row 1. Can you see the difference?



I hope this is a useful tip for you. Do let me know if you try it out and it works for you. 

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. There's a new podcast episode up on YouTube if you fancy watching. I share all my crochet and knitting WiPs and other yarny stuff! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days

Transitional Crochet Patterns For Warmer Days It's almost Spring here in the northern hemisphere - a time of renewal - and that fresh f...