Wednesday 1 February 2023

Introducing my crochet pattern of the month for February



INTRODUCING MY PATTERN OF THE MONTH FOR FEBRUARY

Hello! Here we are at the start of February and I have news for you of my crochet pattern of the month! First up though, I'd like to share a tip I have for saving up for a yarn advent calender.

You see, I've never bought a yarn advent calender because when they're released for pre-order around mid-summer I usually gaze longingly at them but simply don't have the money to buy one.

Note: I'm not for a minute suggesting that indie dyers should put their prices down, I'm certain these little doors of delight are worth every penny!

Last December I have to admit I had a big case of FOMO as I saw everyone's yarn advent calender photos and projects.

So, this year I have a plan! I'm saving every £2 coin that comes into my hand by popping it in a jar. At the time of typing I've collected 6 of them, which is £12 towards an advent calander, not bad! 

I think a lot of people collect these coins too, there aren't too many of them in circulation. There's also the fact I use card more than cash to pay a lot of the time, but I am slowly getting there, especially as my dad often gives me one as pocket money - "thanks Dad!"

I share this because maybe you're in the same boat? Or perhaps there's another yarn related purchase that you feel is out of your price range that you could save for? Something to consider!

That's why I've chosen the Printer Ink Scarf as my crochet pattern of the month for February!
This project uses 12x 10g minis - I used Printer Ink Shades from The Knitting Goddess (4ply/ fingering weight, 480m per 120g, 40% BFL/ 20% British Wensleydale/ 20 British Alpaca/ 20% nylon).
 
Of course, if you're satsh busting, this project will work up a treat! Pull out those minis and see what combinations you can come up with!
 
You can enjoy 10% off my Printer Ink Scarf pattern on my website and on Ravelry throughout February with the code FEB23 

Until next time, happy crocheting,

Marta xx

PS. Would you like 20% off the pattern? Sign up to my mailing list - all my subscribers get 20% off each month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting with Care: Crocheting for Babies & Toddlers

  Crocheting For Babies & Toddlers: Safety Considerations Hello! Let's imagine you've picked out the perfect pattern, chosen the...